Ringette PEI Playoffs 2012& Finals March 31/ April 12012-03-01
The playoff schedule (single, quarter-final and semi-final) is being drafted with the 4 associations ice schedulers for the U12, U14 and U16U19 divisions starting on Monday, March 5. The schedules will be published on Ringette PEI on Sunday late afternoon.
Greetings Ringette Players, Coaches and Parents,
The 2011-12 Ringette P.E.I. House League season is winding down this Sunday, March 4 for the U12, U14 and U16U19 divisions with the U8 and U10 divisions winding up on or before Friday, March 16. All PEI League games must be completed no later than Sunday, March 4, 2012. Failure to do will result in a game forfeit.
The playoff schedule (single, quarter-final and semi-final) is being drafted with the 4 associations ice schedulers for the U12, U14 and U16U19 divisions starting on Monday, March 5. The schedules will be published on Ringette PEI on Sunday late afternoon at http://ringettepei.ca . No games are being planned for March Break (16th-25th).
** Teams are instructed to be prepared to play with 24 hours notice.**
Policy C.20: Playoff Format as per the Ringette PEI Manual http://ringettepei.ca/files/policyandproceduremanualupdatedfeb222011.pdf
- All 4/5, 6/7, 8/9 games are to be played no later than the 1st Tuesday in March (March 6, 2012). Failure to do so will result in a game forfeit.
- The Quarter final series must be completed by the 3rd Sunday in March (March 18, 2012). The Semi final series must be completed 2 days prior to Championship Day (March 30, 2012).
- The Provincial Championships (Championships Day) host will rotate through each Association and be held during the 4th week of March.
- U8/U10 Division Jamboree Day in Pownal starts at 9 AM on Sat. March 31 on both arenas.
- U12, U14, U16U19 and OPEN Divisions Championship Day in Souris starts at 1 PM on Sunday, April 1
- “Series” definition: best of 3. If teams tied in any game a shoot out will take place.
- “Shoot out” definition: 5 person shoot out will take place. Team with most goals wins game. If still tied, a sudden winner (sudden death) shoot out will take place until a winner is determined.
- Championship Day games tied at the end of regulation will result in a sudden- winner overtime period
Managers / Coaches - once the playoff game schedule has been published, there are no allowed changes other than for weather or facility related issues. There are no affiliate player or pull ups available during playoffs. For example, if your goalie is injured or not able to play, you must dress another player as goalie. Please ensure scores are updated immediately after the game within 2 hours online to be able to start the next round and email / call Jim Murphy / Ringette PEI Competitions Director at email@example.com / 314-9934. Please keep an eye out for emails each day during playoffs for the latest updates as well the website at http://ringettepei.ca More information on the U8/U10 Division Jamboree Day will becoming before March Break with a meeting to be scheduled for managers / coaches to attend.
Playoff formats for each Division based on the final standings on Sunday, March 4
Meet on Jamboree Day on March 31 in Pownal
U12 - 7 Team Division and U16U19 - 7 Team Division - No Open teams involvement
U14 - 4 Team Division
- Teams finishing 1st & 2nd have a bye to Semi-Finals
- 1 game series - 6th vs 7th
- Quarter Final #1 best of 3 game series - 3rd vs winner of (6th vs 7th)
- Quarter Final #2 best of 3 game series - 4th vs 5th
- Semi-Final #1 best of 3 game series - 1st vs winner of Quarter Final winner (lowest seed from season)
- Semi-Final #2 best of 3 game series - 2nd vs winner of Quarter Final winner (higher seed from season)
- Winners meet on to Championship Day
OPEN ICE and OPEN BAR meet on Championship Day in Souris on April 1.
- Semi-Final #1 1st vs 4th
- Semi-Final #2 2nd vs 3rd
- Winners on to Championship Day
Good luck everyone and enjoy the 2011-12 playoffs - See you in the Arena!
Ringette PEI Competitions Director
C: 902-314-9934 begin_of_the_skype_highlighting 902-314-9934 end_of_the_skype_highlighting F: 902-367-9934